Clear braces, popularly known as Invisalign, are an exceptional orthodontic treatment for correcting your biting pattern and improving your smile.Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners have clear brackets. These brackets make Invisalign invisible on your teeth since they are made of materials like sapphire and ceramic. They apply pressure to misaligned teeth and force them…
Is Invisalign® the Best Option for Me?
As dentistry has progressed significantly over time, there are now a variety of options when it comes to treating crooked teeth. People nowadays have options for treatment that didn’t always exist. One of these treatment methods is Invisalign.
Invisalign is an orthodontic method of treatment that can be used for just about anyone. However, some people may be unsure of whether or not it is for them. In this article, we will discuss Invisalign and help you determine if it’s for you.
Being aware of what Invisalign is and how it works can help anyone who is trying to figure out if is for them or not. Read more below!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner that goes right over the top or bottom set of teeth. The aligner is one piece that is removable and custom-made to specifically fit each person’s teeth. Typically, they will be adjusted every two weeks in order to fit the patient’s teeth properly as they shift.
How is Invisalign different?
- Invisalign works the teeth altogether instead of each individual tooth. The teeth will shift as one instead of by themselves individually, as they would with traditional braces that consisted of brackets and wires.
- Invisalign is different because it doesn’t contain any metal, instead, they are clear plastic aligners.
- The cost of Invisalign is different than that of traditional braces. These aligners tend to be pricier because they are discreet, controllable and less involved than that of braces.
Is Invisalign for me?
Ultimately talking with a dental professional about Invisalign is the best thing that someone can do. They will be able to asses your teeth and determine what’s best. However, the following things should be considered, as they will help you determine if Invisalign is for you.
- If you’re seeking out a treatment method that is discreet then Invisalign is for you. The clearness of the aligners allows for straightening without anyone having to know. An advantage that traditional braces don’t have.
- Invisalign is only effective if a person can be disciplined. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is removable and requires the person to wear them at all times (outside of brushing and eating). This can often be difficult for people to do because they forget to out the aligner back in or they think that a few hours won’t have any effect on the process.
- Because Invisalign is pricier, a person should consider their budget when determining whether or not it is for them. Orthodontic treatment, in general, is expensive so one may want to consider traditional braces if Invisalign is too costly.
Invisalign is a great treatment method for crooked teeth but being aware of both the advantages and disadvantages can help a person determine whether or not it is for them. It is best to talk with a dental professional too as they can better help one decide.
If you have questions then reach out to our office today so that we can help you. Give us a call or stop by today!
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® services on Yelp: Invisalign.
There are not many risks for teeth whitening when performed professionally by a dentist. However, understanding the process and whether or not teeth whitening could be harmful is helpful in deciding if treatment is appropriate for you. Increased tooth sensitivity, gum irritation and swelling are the most notable risks of teeth whitening, although these risks are…
Dental crowns are to thank for restoring teeth that are in bad shape. However, once they are placed, it is up to the patient to ensure that the crown does its job.There are a few things that dentists recommend once a dental crown has been placed. These recommendations can be extremely helpful when trying to…
Choosing to get a smile makeover is something many people are doing as they provide immense benefits. New dental technologies allow for more transformative services than ever before, making it so anyone can makeover their smile with the help of a general dentist. Some general dentists specialize in smile makeovers, which may consist of a…